Friday, July 18, 2008

I Get to Play at Work?

As we prepare to launch Learn & Play @CML, I can't help but think how fortunate I am to work for CML. Since graduating with my MLS in 2004, I've struggled to keep up with the latest and greatest technologies, many of which are freely available on the web. Other than my work through CO-ASIS&T, the only exposure I receive is when customers need assistance using one of these technologies. I then take a few moments to explore it enough to answer the customer's question. And that's it! I go back to the daily grind and miss making opportunities to explore it further. Now comes an opportunity to learn and play with these technologies at work and at home following a structured program.

Sure, I could have done this on my own, but to be honest, I always felt a little guilty playing with this stuff at work. I always assumed it wasn't "work" related. Now when I have a few free moments I plan on poking around and playing with wikis, blogs, widgets, and more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way John. I am having too much fun learning how to blog. I think it is great that work is letting us become more tech savy. Birder1